Cases in Point
Accepting cases of daunting scope and complexity, Labaton Sucharow approaches engagements not only with the intent to win and to recover financial losses, but also with a vision to secure meaningful corporate reforms, to ensure that history does not repeat itself, and to help create an investment and commercial environment with integrity.
Our clients' faith in us has enabled us to prosecute to successful conclusion many of the largest and most complex securities class actions in recent history:
- In re American International Group, Inc. Securities Litigation
$1 billion recovery
- In re HealthSouth Corp. Stockholders Litigation
$671 million settlement, including a groundbreaking $109 million settlement with Ernst & Young, HealthSouth's outside auditors.
- In re Countrywide Financial Corp. Securities Litigation
$624 million in recoveries, one of the largest securities settlements stemming from the global credit crisis.
- In re Schering-Plough/Enhance Securities Litigation
$473 million in recoveries, one of the largest securities class action settlements ever against a pharmaceutical company.
- In re Waste Management, Inc. Securities Litigation
$457 million settlement for investors.
- In re Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. Securities Litigation
$275 million settlement, plus a $19.9 million settlement with Deloitte & Touche LLP, Bear Stearns' outside auditors.
- In re Massey Energy Co. Securities Litigation
$265 million all-cash settlement.
- In re Fannie Mae 2008 Securities Litigation
$170 million in recoveries.
- In re Satyam Computer Services Ltd. Securities Litigation
More than $150 million in recoveries, as well as a $25.5 million settlement with PricewaterhouseCoopers, Satyam's outside auditors.
Please find more information on the Firm's market-leading cases here.