Sao Paulo, Brazil
September 17, 2015
Practising Law Institute (PLI) will host the Third Annual Institute on Current Developments in Latin American Cross-Border Securities Transactions 2015 in Sao Paulo, Brazil. This program will feature leading practitioners active in U.S. and Latin American corporate and securities law, as well as government regulators, prominent investment bank professionals and in-house counsel.
Partner Thomas A. Dubbs will provide an overview of securities litigation in Latin America during the 4 p.m. (BRT) session.
Other program highlights include:
- Practical how-to guidance on drafting SEC and home country disclosure documents
- Updates on recent SEC staff comments on disclosure, as well as `33 and `34 Act-driven compliance
- Updates on various initiatives by regulators to ease issuer access to public markets
- Practical guidance on dealing with issues of regulatory focus, including FCPA, OFAC, and insider trading compliance programs
- Updates on corporate governance, including audit committee requirements and corporate models for public companies with dispersed ownership
- Current developments in financing of infrastructure projects
- Current developments in regional securities litigation and in anti-corruption investigations and enforcement