New York, NY
June 5, 2014
The New York State Bar Association hosted Nowhere To Hide: Perspectives on Global Cartel Enforcement on June 5, 2014 at 6pm. Partner Jay L. Himes moderated the program and was joined by the following speakers:
The program discussed Cartel enforcement in a global world, including:
- Hideo Nakajima, Secretary General, Japan Fair Trade Commission
- Hyungbae Kim, Director General, Korea Fair Trade Commission
- Scott Hammond, Partner, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, LLP, and former Deputy Assistant Attorney General for Criminal Enforcement, U.S. Department of Justice, Antitrust Division
- Brent C. Snyder, Deputy Assistant Attorney General for Criminal Enforcement
- Heather Lamberg Kafele, Partner, Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Barbara Hart, Partner, Lowey Dannenberg Cohen & Hart, PC.
- Basic cartel law in Japan and Korea, with comparisons to the U.S.;
- The agency investigation and case-filing process, and its resolution;
- Enforcement relationships around the world; and
- Interaction with the civil litigation system seeking to provide victim recovery.