Francis P. McConville
Francis P. McConville focuses on prosecuting complex securities fraud cases on behalf of institutional investor clients. As a lead member of the Firm's Case Development Group, he focuses on the identification, investigation, and development of potential actions to recover investment losses resulting from violations of the federal securities laws and various actions to vindicate shareholder rights in response to corporate and fiduciary misconduct.
Most recently, Francis has played a key role in filing several matters on behalf of the Firm including, Norfolk County Retirement System v. Solazyme, Inc.; Oklahoma Firefighters Pension and Retirement System v. Xerox Corporation; In re Target Corporation Securities Litigation; City of Warwick Municipal Employees Pension Fund v. Rackspace Hosting, Inc.; and Frankfurt-Trust Investment Luxemburg AG v. United Technologies Corporation.
Prior to joining Labaton Sucharow, Francis was a litigation associate at a national law firm primarily focused on securities and consumer class action litigation. Francis has represented institutional and individual clients in federal and state court across the country in class action securities litigation and shareholder disputes, along with a variety of commercial litigation matters. He assisted in the prosecution of several matters, including Kiken v. Lumber Liquidators Holdings, Inc. ($42 million recovery); Hayes v. MagnaChip Semiconductor Corp. ($23.5 million recovery); and In re Galena Biopharma, Inc. Securities Litigation ($20 million recovery).
Francis received his J.D. from New York Law School, magna cum laude, where he served as Associate Managing Editor of the New York Law School Law Review, worked in the Urban Law Clinic, named a John Marshall Harlan Scholar, and received a Public Service Certificate. He earned his B.A. from the University of Notre Dame.
New York Law School
J.D., magna cum laude, 2008
University of Notre Dame
- Bristol County Retirement System v. Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson
- Frankfurt-Trust Investment Luxemburg AG v. United Technologies Corporation
- Local 705 International Brotherhood of Teamsters Pension Fund v. Diamond Resorts International Inc.
- In re Maximus, Inc. Securities Litigation
- Norfolk County Retirement System v. Solazyme, Inc.
- Oklahoma Firefighters Pension and Retirement System v. Lexmark International, Inc.
- Oklahoma Firefighters Pension and Retirement System v. Xerox Corporation
- Plumbers and Steamfitters Local 60 Pension Trust v. Nielsen Holdings
- Steamfitters Local 449 Pension Plan v. Molina Healthcare, Inc.
- Steamfitters Local 449 Pension Plan v. Skechers U.S.A, Inc.
- In re Target Corporation Securities Litigation
- Wayne County Employees' Retirement System v. Mavenir, Inc. F/K/A Xura, Inc.
2009, New York
U.S. District Court
2012, Eastern District of New York
2012, Southern District of New York
2014, District of Colorado
2014, Eastern District of Michigan