David J. Schwartz
David J. Schwartz’s practice focuses on event driven, special situation, and illiquid asset litigation, using legal strategies to enhance clients’ investment return.
His extensive experience includes prosecuting as well as defending against securities and corporate governance actions for an array of institutional clients including pension funds, hedge funds, mutual funds, and asset management companies. He played a pivotal role against real estate service provider Altisource Portfolio Solutions, where he helped achieve a $32 million cash settlement. David has also done substantial work in mergers and acquisitions appraisal litigation.
David obtained his J.D. from Fordham University School of Law, where he served as an editor of the Urban Law Journal. He received his B.A. in economics from the University of Chicago.
Fordham University School of Law
University of Chicago
- Lord Abbett Investment Trust – Lord Abbett Short Duration Income Fund v. Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc.
- Public Employees’ Retirement System of Mississippi v. Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc.
- The Boeing Company Employee Retirement Plans Master Trust v. Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc.
2009, New York
U.S. District Court
2011, Southern District of New York
In the News
- Press Release, Labaton Sucharow Files Trio of Direct Actions Against AbbVie Alleging Securities Fraud (10/16/2017)
- Press Release, Labaton Sucharow Files Direct Action on Behalf of Boeing and Mississippi PERS Against Valeant Alleging Securities Fraud (09/28/2017)
- Press Release, Labaton Sucharow Files Direct Action on Behalf of Lord Abbett Against Valeant Alleging Securities Fraud (08/23/2017)