Jordan A. Thomas Addressed Internal Investigations in a Panel Discussion Hosted by PLI
June 12, 2012
The PLI hosted a seminar entitled "Internal Investigations 2012: How to Protect Your Clients or Companies in the Global, Post-Dodd Frank World."
Partner Jordan A. Thomas participated in a panel discussion, which covered the following questions:
Commencing the Investigation: Considerations at the Outset
- How do you deal with allegations by someone who may be a whistleblower?
- When is an investigation warranted?
- Who should oversee the investigation?
- Who should conduct the investigation? In-house vs. outside counsel
- What is the appropriate scope of the investigation?
- Who should know about the investigation?
- What steps should be taken to preserve documents?
- What are the considerations of the plaintiff's lawyer?
- How can you manage the costs of an investigation?