Jay Himes Served as a Panelist for the Antitrust Basics Program Hosted by the Antitrust Section of the NYSBA
New York, NY
November 14, 2013
The Antitrust Section of the New York State Bar Association hosted its "Antitrust Basics: An Introduction for New Attorneys" program on November 14, 2013.
The program was intended for junior associates, law clerks, and anyone else interested in getting familiarized with basic antitrust legal principles. The panel of antitrust experts covered the main antitrust statutes and their application, government enforcement by the federal government as well as states (criminal as well as civil), mergers, monopolization, distribution, and other key areas of antitrust.
Partner and Co-Chair of the Firm's Antitrust & Competition Litigation Practice, Jay Himes, participated as a panelist, along with:
- George Hay, Professor of Law and Professor of Economics, Cornell University
- Wendy Waszmer, King & Spalding (former Assistant Chief of the New York Field Office of the U.S. Department of Justice Antitrust Division
- Scott Martin, Greenberg Traurig LLP
- Michael Jahnke, Thompson Hine LLP
- Lisl Dunlop, Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Martha Gifford, Law Office of Martha E. Gifford (former Chair of Antitrust Practice at Proskauer Rose LLP and former trial attorney at U.S. Department of Justice's Antitrust Division)
- Adam Hemlock, Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP (served as moderator)