Insight Exchange Network: Responding to the Opioid Crisis: Litigation, Regulation, and Reform
April 16, 2018 – April 17, 2018
Partner Michael P. Canty will participate in a panel discussion titled, “Case Study: Law Enforcement and Drug Task Force: An On-the-Streets Look at the Opioid Crisis, Damages, Fatalities, and Response” at Insight Exchange Network’s Opioid Summit. The Summit, “Responding to the Opioid Crisis: Litigation, Regulation, and Reform,” will take place at The Union League of Philadelphia. Canty’s panel is slated for the first day of the Summit, from 9:30-10:30 AM. Topics covered among the panelists include:
- What is the true scope of the problem on the streets?
- War stories and progress from law enforcement
- What does law enforcement see, and how are they dealing with it?
- Programs, treatment, and success rates
- How can law enforcement effectively work with hospitals to contain the problem?
- Recognizing the impact of the international problem
- Is what’s happening on the street affecting the outlook for cases? If so, how?
- What are different jurisdictions doing to try and mitigate damages?
The other panelist is John Burke, President, Pharmaceutical Diversion Education Inc. and President and Co-Founder, International Health Facility Diversion Association (IHFDA).
To register and for more information, click here.