New York, NY
October 03, 2017
Partner Joel H. Bernstein will participate as a panelist in the American Law Institute's conference, "Securities and Shareholder Litigation 2017: Cutting-Edge Developments, Planning, and Strategy." He will discuss Developments in Securities Class Actions, a two-part panel that will also cover the following topics:
- Confidential witness allegations: Treatment in 1933 Act and 1934 Act cases
- 1933 and 1934 Act liability for statements of opinion in the wake of Omnicare
- Alleging statutory standing in 1933 Act cases (ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, Century Aluminum, and MuniMae)
- Class certification challenges: Classwide measure of damages (BP), price impact (Halliburton and Petrobras), lags and market inefficiency—where do defense lawyers go from here?
- 1933 Act claims and statutes of repose (ANZ)
- SLUSA and 1933 Act securities class actions in state court: Concurrent subject matter jurisdiction, removal, and self-help charter provisions (Cyan, FireEye, and the Snap IPO)
- Claims under Items 303 and 503 of Reg. SK: Claims based on non-disclosure of trends, uncertainties, or risks under the 1933 Act and 1934 Act (Leidos)
- Joel H. Bernstein, Partner, Labaton Sucharow LLP
- Nicholas I. Crew, Ph.D, Managing Principal, Analysis Group, Inc.
- Salvatore J. Graziano, Partner, Bernstein Litowitz Berger & Grossmann LLP
- Marc I. Gross, Partner, Pomerantz LLP
- Adam S. Hakki, Partner, Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Meredith E. Kotler, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Brian E. Pastuszenski, Senior Partner and Co-Chair of Securities Litigation and SEC Enforcement Practice, Goodwin Procter LLP
- Daniel P. Roeser, Partner, Goodwin Procter LLP
- Hille R. Sheppard, Partner, Sidley Austin LLP
- Ariana J. Tadler, Partner, Milberg LLP
- Lawrence J. Zweifach, Partner, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
For registration and program information, please visit the American Law Institute event page.