Philip J. Leggio
Philip J. Leggio focuses on prosecuting complex securities fraud cases on behalf of institutional investors. He is currently litigating cases against Qualcomm, StoneMor Partners, Cigna, Sprouts Farmers Market, SCANA, Daimler, Virtus, PTC Therapeutics, and Dr. Reddy's. Most recently, he was a part of the team that secured a $29.5 million settlement against Advanced Micro Devices, a multinational semiconductor company.
Philip previously served as a judicial intern in the United States District Court, Eastern District of New York under the Honorable Joanna Seybert.
He earned a J.D., cum laude, from St. John’s University School of Law, where he served as the Associate Managing Editor of the St. John’s Law Review, and his B.S., cum laude, from Stony Brook University.
St. John’s University School of Law
J.D., cum laude, 2017
Stony Brook University
B.S., cum laude, 2014
- 3226701 Canada Inc. v. Qualcomm, Inc.
- Anderson v. StoneMor Partners LP
- Patel v. Cigna Corp.
- Public Employees' Retirement System of Mississippi v. Sprouts Farmers Market Inc.
- In re SCANA Securities Litigation
- Vancouver Alumni Asset Holdings, Inc. v. Daimler AG
- In re Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. Securities Litigation
- Wang v. PTC Therapeutics, Inc.
Settled | Resolved Cases
2018, New York
U.S. District Court
2018, Southern District of New York
2018, Eastern District of New York