OverviewMatthew Perez focuses on representing businesses and public pension funds in complex antitrust class actions.
Matthew joined Labaton Sucharow from the New York State Attorney General's office, where he served as a Volunteer Assistant Attorney General in the Antitrust Bureau. While there, he received the Louis J. Lefkowitz Memorial Award for his work investigating bid rigging and other illegal conduct in the municipal bond derivatives market, resulting in more than $260 million in restitution to municipalities and nonprofit entities. He also investigated pay-for-delay matters involving multinational pharmaceutical companies. Prior to that, he served as an intern for the Honorable Richard B. Lowe III at the New York Supreme Court, Commercial Division.
Matthew obtained his B.A. in Political Science and History from Swarthmore College and his J.D. from Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law School, where he was Executive Editor of the Cardozo Journal of Conflict Resolution and received the Jacob Burns Medal for Outstanding Contribution to the Law School.
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law School
B.A., Political Science and History, 2006
- In re Aggrenox Antitrust Litigation
- In re Capacitors Antitrust Litigation
- In re Commodity Exchange Inc. Gold Futures and Options Antitrust Litigation (Markun v. Bank of Nova Scotia)
- In re Foreign Exchange Benchmark Rates Antitrust Litigation
- ISDAFix Price-Fixing Litigation (Alaska Electrical Pension Fund v. Bank of America)
- In re Lidoderm Antitrust Litigation
- In re Opana ER Antitrust Litigation
- In re Platinum and Palladium Antitrust Litigation (Modern Settings LLC v. BASF Metals Limited)
- In re Treasury Securities Auction Antitrust Litigation
Settled | Resolved Cases
2010, New Jersey
2011, New York
2010, District of New Jersey
2012, Southern District of New York
Published & Presented
- Law360, Creating a Partial Solution to Delayed Generic Competition (06/24/2016)
- NYLitigator, Whistle While You Work – For a Cartelist: Whistleblower Protection and Antitrust (Fall 2015)
- Competition Policy International Antitrust Chronicle, Shall We Dance?— Biologic-Biosimilar Competition Under the Biologics Price Competition and Innovation Act (December 2015)
- Competition Policy International Antitrust Chronicle, Angels Rush in Where Fools Fear to Tread: State Enforcement Against Patent Trolls (January 2014)