Eric D. Gottlieb
Eric D. Gottlieb focuses on complex securities fraud and consumer protection cases.
Currently, Eric is actively involved in prosecuting Weston v. RCS Capital Corporation, as well as several other cases on behalf of institutional investors against the issuers and underwriters of residential mortgage-backed securities arising from fraud and misrepresentations in the securitization and sale of those offerings. He is also part of the team that filed the first nationwide consumer class action concerning defective Takata-made airbags.
In In re Massey Energy Co. Securities Litigation, a matter that stemmed from the 2010 mining disaster at the company's Upper Big Branch coal mine, Eric assisted in securing a $265 million all-cash settlement for a class of investors. He also played an active role in prosecuting Construction Laborers Pension Trust of Greater St. Louis v. Autoliv, Inc., which resulted in a $22.5 million settlement for investors.
Eric received a J.D. from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, where he was a member of the Guardianship Clinic. Eric previously served as a summer associate and law clerk at Labaton Sucharow, a judicial intern in the New York State Supreme Court for the Honorable Edward Lehner, and an intern for the Nassau County District Attorney's office. He earned his B.A. in History from Emory University.
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
Settled | Resolved Cases
- In re A10 Networks, Inc. Shareholder Litigation
- Construction Laborers Pension Trust of Greater St. Louis v. Autoliv, Inc.
- In re Fifth Street Finance Corp. Securities Litigation
- In re Massey Energy Co. Securities Litigation
- In re NII Holdings, Inc. Securities Litigation
- Weston v. RCS Capital Corporation
2014, New York
U.S. Court of Appeals
2017, Tenth Circuit
U.S. District Court
2014, Southern District of New York
In the News
- Press Release, Labaton Sucharow Files Trio of Direct Actions Against AbbVie Alleging Securities Fraud (10/16/2017)
- Press Release, Labaton Sucharow Recovers $31 Million in Securities Class Action Settlement with RCS Capital (06/16/2017)
- Press Release, Labaton Sucharow Reaches Settlement of $14.05 Million in Securities Class Action Against Fifth Street