Derick I. Cividini
Derick I. Cividini focuses on prosecuting complex securities fraud cases on behalf of institutional investors, including class actions, corporate governance matters, and derivative litigation. As the E-discovery Attorney Coordinator for the Firm, he focuses on managing discovery efforts, particularly the implementation of e-discovery best practices for ESI (electronically stored information) and other relevant sources.
Derick was part of the team that represented lead plaintiff City of Edinburgh Council as Administering Authority of the Lothian Pension Fund in In re Lehman Brothers Equity/Debt Securities Litigation, which resulted in settlements totaling $516 million against Lehman Brothers' former officers and directors as well as most of the banks that underwrote Lehman Brothers' offerings.
Prior to joining Labaton Sucharow, Derick was a litigation attorney at Kirkland & Ellis LLP, where he practiced complex civil litigation. Earlier in his litigation career with Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP, he worked on product liability class actions.
Derick received a J.D. and M.B.A. from Rutgers University and earned his B.A. in Finance from Boston College.
J.D. and M.B.A., 2004
B.A., Finance, 1998
Settled | Resolved Cases
- In re Barnes & Noble Stockholders Derivative Litigation
- In re Fannie Mae 2008 Securities Litigation
- In re Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. Derivative Litigation
- In re Hewlett-Packard Company Securities Litigation
- In re J.Crew Shareholder Litigation
- In re K12 Inc. Securities Litigation
- In re Lehman Brothers Equity/Debt Securities Litigation
- In re Massey Energy Co. Securities Litigation
- Medoff v. CVS Caremark Corporation et al
- The City of Providence v. Aeropostale, Inc. et al.
2009, New York