United Nations Development Program: Preventing and Combating Corruption for Sustainable Development
New York, NY
May 16, 2016 – May 17, 2016
The United Nations Development Program will host a training workshop for high level officials from Egypt on May 16-17, 2016 in New York, NY. Training objectives to take place include updating participants on the latest thinking and emerging global and regional trends on corruption prevention, as well as equipping participants with corruption prevention tools that are relevant to the national anti-corruption strategy in Egypt. Additionally, this workshop will help familiarize participants with the anti-corruption work of UNDP and other UN agencies, and enable a join exploration of potentials for future cooperation.
Partner Jordan A. Thomas will participate in a sessions titled, “What anti-corruption policies, legislations and practices can enhance the investment climate in Egypt.” His session aims to establish and enforce anti-corruption legal and policy framework including:
• Detection, investigation, and prosecution of corruption
• Role of intelligence in developing a corruption case
• Digital and mobile forensics for anti-corruption investigations
• Acquiring and searching electronic evidence and accessing documents and non-public information
• Assessing established best practices in anti-corruption legislation, procedures, and policies
You can read more information about the UNDP Global Anti-Corruption Initiative here.