Thomson Reuters: Risk, Ethics, and Compliance Forum
New York, NY
November 02, 2016
Thomson Reuters will host its inaugural summit on corporate governance, ethics, and regulatory compliance designed for legal and business executives from both large and small organizations on November 2, 2016 at their headquarters in New York. The program will feature interactive workshops and insightful panel discussions led by senior leaders from some of the world’s most respected companies. Attendees will gain powerful takeaways designed to navigate a complex and often unforgiving business climate.
Partner Jordan A. Thomas will participate in a panel titled, "On the Other Side of the Court: Plaintiff's Counsel." This panel will closely examine the perspectives and strategies deployed by plaintiff’s counsel in taking action against corporations in response to allegations of ethics violations, fraud and abuse, or suspected white collar criminal activity, such as insider trading. This session will inform attendees about the following topics:
• Plaintiff’s counsel’s advice for General Counsel on ‘what not to do’
• Abuse and enforceability of confidentiality agreements and efforts to “muzzle” whistleblower
• Gatekeeper (liability and) eligibility after Dodd-Frank
• Developing your investigation strategy
• Common mistakes that companies make and tips for responsible organizations
This panel will be moderated by Michael Delikat, partner of Orrick Herringtonton & Sutcliffe LLP and include the following panelists:
• Adam J. Kleinfeldt, Partner, Deutsch Atkins, P.C.
• Sean X. McKessy, Partner, Phillips & Cohen LLP
• Jordan A. Thomas, Chair, Whistleblower Representation Practice, Labaton Sucharow LLP
• Jason Zuckerman, Principal, Zuckerman Law
The program’s full agenda is available here.