Taxpayers Against Fraud Education Fund Conference
September 14, 2016
The Taxpayers Against Fraud Education Fund will host its annual conference and awards dinner in Washington, D.C. on September 14, 2016.
Partner Jordan A. Thomas will serve as a panelist in a discussion titled, "Navigating Multiple Whistleblower Claims." The panel will explore the opportunities and challenges that arise where whistleblower allegations support claims under multiple laws and programs, i.e. any combination of FCA, SEC/CFTC, IRS and State FCA tax claims, including retaliation claims. Other questions that will be addressed include:
• As a practitioner, should you choose one, or should you file under more than one law or program?
• What are the strategic and logistical considerations?
• How do government agencies handle overlapping claims?
• What are the pitfalls to avoid vs the benefits to be gained by pursuing one strategy or another?
Other panelists include:
• Peggy Finerty, Getnick & Getnick LLP
• Pierre Armand, Southern District of New York
• Andrew Ceresney, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
Additional information for this conference is available here.