Peter A. Allard School of Law: Anti-Corruption Law Program 2017
May 08, 2017
Peter A. Allard School of Law will host a seminar to dissect how the British Columbia Securities Commission is developing an integrated approach to discourage fraudulent securities activity. This program is designed to inform attendees on new enforcement initiatives that will be implemented to enhance the efficiency of securities activities in capital markets.
Partner Jordan A. Thomas will participate in the panel titled, “Whistleblowing Offices and Other Novel Regulatory Approaches in the Detection, Investigation, and Deterrence of Fraudulent Practices.” This discussion will analyze new legal mechanisms that are being deployed by securities regulators for the purposes of improving the detection and assisting in the investigation of wrongdoing, and providing greater deterrence of fraudulent conduct in securities regulatory regimes in Ontario, British Columbia, and the United States. Other panelists include:
- Heidi Franken, Chief, Office of the Whistleblower and Acting Deputy Director, Enforcement Branch at Ontario Securities Commission
- Cristie Ford, Associate Professor and Director of the Center for Business Law, Peter A. Allard School of Law
- Joseph Weiler, Professor, Peter A. Allard School of Law
- Doug Muir, Director, Enforcement, British Columbia Securities Commission
- Sean Boyle, Partner, Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
- Ray Haywood, Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers
For more details or to register, please click here.