New York State Bar Association's Commercial and Federal Litigation Spring Meeting
May 13, 2016 – May 15, 2016
The New York State Bar Association's Commercial and Federal Litigation Section will present its 2016 Spring Meeting in Cooperstown, New York on May 13-15, 2016.
Labaton Sucharow partner and Antitrust and Competition Litigation Practice Co-Chair Jay L. Himes will moderate the topic, "On Higher Ground? Baseball’s Antitrust Exemption." The panel will consider the history, expansion, and endurance of the antitrust exemption for baseball, including discussing decisions calling the exemption into question in light of the doctrinal expansion of Congressional authority under the Constitutional Commerce Clause and the increasingly business-like nature of baseball. The panelists include:Panelists:
- Hon. Rosemary S. Pooler – Second Circuit Court of Appeals, Syracuse, NY
- Seth Bloom, Esq., Bloom Strategies Counsel PLLC, Washington, D.C.
- Edward Diver, Esq., Langer, Grogan & Diver P.C., Philadelphia, PA
- Ed Edmonds, Associate Dean, Notre Dame Law School, Notre Dame, IN
- Professor Michael Salinger, Professor of Management and of Economics, Boston University, Boston, MA