Jordan A. Thomas Spoke at New York City Bar Association CLE
New York City Bar
September 27, 2012
The New York City Bar Association hosted a CLE entitled "The Ins & Outs of Recovering Assets Via Whistleblowers & Other Tipsters."
Partner Jordan A. Thomas spoke on the 8:00 pm panel " The SEC's Search for Assets Through the Dodd-Frank Whistleblower Program" and covered the following topics:
- Overview of the Dodd-Frank whistleblower provisions: the new framework of monetary awards and employment protections
- General requirements: common securities violations, applicable statute of imitations, materiality and procedural rules
- Gatekeeper eligibility: attorneys, accountants, officers, directors and others
- Culpable whistleblowers: the risks and rewards for whistleblowers with potential liability
- Best practices for establishing a culture of integrity and encouraging internal reporting within your organization
Please click here for more information.