Jordan A. Thomas Served as a Panelist at Law360 Roundtable
New York, NY
April 25, 2014
Law360 hosted a roundtable discussion about recent trends in securities enforcement and regulation on April 25, 2014 in New York, NY.
Attendees included securities attorneys who are members of the LexisNexis securities advisory board, from law firms including Duane Morris, Troutman Sanders, Covington & Burling, Greenberg Traurig, among others as well as reporters and editors from Law360.
Labaton Sucharow partner Jordan A. Thomas served as a panelist alongside Douglas H. Flaum, partner at Paul Hastings; Lawrence S. Bader, partner at Morvillo, Abramowitz, Grand Iason & Anello; Gregory M. Starner, partner at White & Case ; and Stephen G. Topetzes, partner at K&L Gates.
- The SEC's whistleblower program
- Challenges to the longstanding no admit/no deny practice in securities settlements
- The government's ongoing success with its insider trading crackdown
- Coming changes to the regulatory framework for money market mutual funds and asset managers
- The possibility of new high frequency trading rules
- The implementation of the JOBS Act