Institute for Law and Economic Policy (ILEP) 22nd Annual Symposium: Vindicating Virtuous Claims
Miami Beach, Florida
April 07, 2016 – April 08, 2016
Partners Edward Labaton, ILEP President, David Goldsmith, and Michael W. Stocker will participate in ILEP's 22nd Annual Symposium, co-sponsored by Duke Law Review and ILEP. This year's program will cover a range of topics from private enforcement to regulatory changes affecting investor protection.
Edward Labaton will provide the opening remarks with an introduction of Professor Randall Thomas of Vanderbilt Law School.
David Goldsmith will be participating at an evening roundtable titled, "Focusing on Changes in Rule 23 Since 1966 Amendment." Other participants include:
Elizabeth Cabraser, Esquire, Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein
Professor Stephen Burbank, University of Pennsylvania Law School
Professor David Marcus, The University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law
The Honorable John Koeltl, United States District Judge, S.D.N.Y.
Michael W. Stocker will moderate a panel titled, "Private Suits While the Regulator Slumbers." Other panelists include:Presenters:
- Professor Ian Ayres, Yale Law School
Expansion of False Claims Act to Health Care Reimbursement Accounts
- Professor Lawrence Baxter, Duke University School of Law
Impact of Private Suits on Agency Enforcement Agenda
- Mark Labaton, Esquire, Isaacs, Friedberg & Labaton LLP
- Dennis Kelleher, CEO, Better Markets, Inc.
- Michael Krimminger, Esquire, Former General Counsel—FDIC, Cleary Gottlieb
- The program's full agenda is available here.