Continuing Education of the Bar (CEB) CLE
San Francisco, CA
June 23, 2015
The Continuing Education of the Bar (CEB) will host a CLE titled "Whistleblower Law: Views from the Inside" on June 23, 2015 at the offices of the Bar Association of San Francisco.
Partner Jordan A. Thomas will join a distinguished panel of experienced attorneys, from both the private and the government sectors. They will explore the interplay between recent legislation and case law and discuss the practicalities of investigating, bringing and defending actions based on whistleblower claims.
Program highlights include:
- Successfully litigating and arbitrating whistleblower actions
- Analyzing pre-litigation protections available to whistleblowers and employers
- Becoming fluent in Qui Tam, Whistleblower, and SLAPP law
- Understanding the False Claims Act, the Dodd-Frank Act, Sarbanes-Oxley, and other fast growing areas of legislation
- Techniques for claims investigations
- Corrective action and enforcement tools