Securities and Shareholder Litigation 2016: Cutting-Edge Developments, Planning, and Strategy
New York, NY
March 31, 2016
Partner Joel H. Bernstein will participate as a panelist in the American Law Institute's conference, "Securities and Shareholder Litigation 2016: Cutting-Edge Developments, Planning, and Strategy." He will discuss developments in securities class actions, specifically regarding the increasing judicial scrutiny of the use of confidential witnesses.
Developments in Securities Class Actions
Thursday, March 31, 2016, 9:15 am
- “Confidential witnesses”: Increasing judicial scrutiny, discovery, and Millennial Media
- Omnicare: Liability for statements of opinion and the application by courts to date
- Janus: Liability for statements by others
- Item 303 disclosure obligations regarding trends and uncertainties and the interplay with securities fraud claims under the 1934 Act, Nvidia, and Stratt-McClure
- Joel H. Bernstein, Partner, Labaton Sucharow LLP
- John C. Browne, Partner, Bernstein Litowitz Berger & Grossmann LLP
- Marc I. Gross, Partner, Pomerantz LLP
- Adam S. Hakki, Partner, Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Gregory A. Markel, Partner, Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Tracy A. Nichols, Partner, Holland & Knight LLP
- Brian E. Pastuszenski, Senior Partner and Co-Chair of Securities Litigation and SEC Enforcement Practice, Goodwin Procter LLP
- Daniel P. Roeser, Partner, Goodwin Procter LLP
- Sherrie R. Savett, Partner, Berger & Montague, P.C.
- Ariana J. Tadler, Partner, Milberg LLP
- Lawrence J. Zweifach, Partner, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
For registration and program information, please visit the American Law Institute event page.