American Conference Institute's Cross-Industry Interdisciplinary Summit on Defending and Managing Class Actions
New York, NY
April 11, 2016 – April 12, 2016
ACI will host its cross-industry and interdisciplinary summit on defending and managing complex class actions on April 11-12, 2016. Partner Christopher J. Keller will participate in the session titled, “Settlement Best Practices — Plaintiff and Defense Leverage to Settle; Strategies on When, Why, and How to Settle a Claim; Factoring Supreme Court Activity on Class Action Waivers in Arbitration Agreements Into the Equation.”
In this interactive session, the expert panelists will outline negotiation strategies on how to best settle a case. Negotiating the best financial resolution for clients is premised upon many different factors. This session will give attendees the unique vision from senior practitioners into how these cases are settled, and what to look out for.
- Under what circumstances should you settle a case — factors to consider
- How these factors change when considering an individual versus class settlement
- How to value and settle a case — a step by step approach
- DIRECTV, Inc. v. Imburgia et al. and factoring Supreme Court activity on class action waivers in arbitration agreements into the equation
- Ted Frank, Senior Attorney and Director, CEI’s Center for Class Action Fairness
- Britt K. Latham, Member, Bass, Berry & Sims PLC
- Douglas Weiner, Of Counsel, Lipman Plesur, LLP
- Eric Gibbs, Partner, Gibbs Law Group LLP
The program’s full agenda is available here.